Director Instructional Tchnology, Half Hollow Hills
Tell our School Leadership 2.0 community a little bit about yourself. Feel free to post your email address and website. Also feel free to list your areas of interest. This will help other members dialogue with you.
- Adjunct Professor in Educational Technology at LIU-CW Post
- Educational Technology Consultant
- Director Instructional Technology at Half Hollow Hills School District (retired June 2011)
Provide professional development to teachers and administrators on using technology tools effectively to enhance learning and have all learners be knowledge creators
What is your present job title?
Consultant, University Faculty
At what school level do you work?
Where do you work?
Nassau County NY, Suffolk County NY, NYC
Comment Wall (3 comments)
You need to be a member of School Leadership 2.0 to add comments!
I am writing to folks who are listed on this forum in search of people who could do one or more of the following:
1. Provide me with the colleges they attended earning graduate and post graduate certificates and or degrees. (this will help me build a profile of the set of all such institutions thereby allowing me to enhance my market research)
2. People who would be interested in serving on a panel of experts to provide responses to situations and challenges in the game a colleague and I are developing for graduate school leadership and administration classes.
3. People who would be willing to share ideas with us on experiences they have had in their capacity as an educational administrator
4. People who can provide us with factual information about the graduate programs where they teach and discuss the project in greater detail.
A quick overview of our project is this; Our project aims to use technology as a way of moving beyond the case study approach to coursework in graduate programs in educational leadership and administration. The serious game will be a web based product that would augment the work in classes like school law, school finance, leadership, community relations, school personnel, and a capstone class. In one of the modes, the graduate students will select one of four of five characters each with a different leadership style. At periodic intervals, they have to respond as their prediction of how the character they are monitoring will respond to the challenge, or conflict they face. Additionally, the graduate student will be prompted to respond to the same situations as how they would proceed. The feedback they get will be instant and will be compared with the findings of the "Panel of experts" and will be plotted along the lines of stakeholder groups that a high school principal's decisions impact.
This is a long post but I hope you take the time to read it and respond and will connect me as a friend on this group. I look forward to hearing from you.
Josh Arnold MS C.A.G.S. Ed
Educational Consultant/Advocate for children with special needs.
School Leadership 2.0 is the premier virtual learning community for school leaders from around the globe. Our community is a subscription based paid service ($19.95/year or only $1.99 per month for a trial membership) which will provide school leaders with outstanding resources. Learn more about membership to this service by clicking one our links below.