Mill Neck Manor School has many assets and is looking to "hook up" with a district in need of a site for a Universal Pre K - we will train your regular education teachers in the Literacy Collaboration (we are certified trainers) - you offer "typical pre k" students for our Deaf and hard of hearing students who are heading back to their home districts in a year or two, but need the assistance of peers to help "raise the bar". Worth a discussion - we would like to start that discussion now for Fall 09!

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fran,
Can you elaborate a bit on what you are looking for and explain Mill Neck Manor School in a little more detail for others who may not be familiar with your school? Is Mill Neck Manor looking to partner for financial reasons or space constraints? Are you looking specifically to partner with people in Nassau and Suffolk counties only or is there a possibly that you could partner with a city school? I am confused a little about students who are heading back to their home districts in a year or two so if you could explain that too it would be much appreciated. Much thanks in advance!
Not a problem - Mill Neck Manor is a State Supported School - so we are not partnering due to financial reasons - though we are offering that as a possibility for a school district or due to lack of space (again, not a problem - we have sufficient space to offer for this program) - what we are looking for is an opportunity to invite "non-disabled" kids to interact with our Deaf and hard of hearing students. Mill Neck started an auditory/oral program with the goal that most of these students will go back to their own school district into a mainstream setting. We were hoping to get a Universal Pre K population from a district that might be restricted by space, who would be willing to send their students to us. In return Mill Neck would train their teachers in the Literacy Collaborative (for which we are certified trainers) and other benefits to the school.

If this is an interest to you - please feel free to contact me at FBogdanoff@millneck.org and I can see if we can have some further discussions!
Thanks,
Fran Bogdanoff

RSS

JOIN SL 2.0

SUBSCRIBE TO

SCHOOL LEADERSHIP 2.0

School Leadership 2.0 is the premier virtual learning community for school leaders from around the globe.  Our community is a subscription based paid service ($19.95/year or only $1.99 per month for a trial membership)  which will provide school leaders with outstanding resources. Learn more about membership to this service by clicking one our links below.

Click HERE to subscribe as an individual.

Click HERE to learn about group membership (i.e. association, leadership teams)

CREATE AN EMPLOYER PROFILE AND GET JOB ALERTS AT 

SCHOOLLEADERSHIPJOBS.COM

FOLLOW SL 2.0

© 2024   Created by William Brennan and Michael Keany   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service