Microsoft Innovative Teacher's Network: What are your thoughts?

I'm curious to see what your thoughts are on Microsoft's new initiative, the Microsft Innovative Teacher's Network. I've only begun to explore it. It seems to have potential, but I'm curious to hear from others if you think we'll all dive in, or pass this one up. Link to the info page is listed here:

http://www.microsoft.com/education/innovativeteachers.mspx

-Loren Nowak

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Loren,

I just skimmed the site very quickly but have a logistical question. Can participants only share using Microsoft's Sharepoint? I worry about the multi-platform difficulties if there are any. I think that it is interesting that so many companies with a vested interest are almost leading the way into 21st century learning. Who better than to help support initiatives I suppose. I know that we are both involved with INTEL and I have to say that I believe in the program 1000% so I don't imagine that the Microsoft network is detrimental in any way, after all it is a support network for people who use the products. Do you know who their team is made up of? Are they educators that the company has taken from K-12 from all over the world? Is it similar to Apple's Learning Interchange?

RSS

FOLLOW SL 2.0

JOIN SL 2.0

SUBSCRIBE TO

SCHOOL LEADERSHIP 2.0

School Leadership 2.0 is the premier virtual learning community for school leaders from around the globe.  Our community is a subscription based paid service ($19.95/year or only $1.99 per month for a trial membership)  which will provide school leaders with outstanding resources. Learn more about membership to this service by clicking one our links below.

Click HERE to subscribe as an individual.

Click HERE to learn about group membership (i.e. association, leadership teams)

CREATE AN EMPLOYER PROFILE AND GET JOB ALERTS AT 

SCHOOLLEADERSHIPJOBS.COM

SCHOOL LEADERSHIP 2.0 EVENTS

School Leadership 2.0

© 2024   Created by William Brennan and Michael Keany   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service