Hello all,

I just wanted to offer a great website link: http://www.reinventingeducation.org. It is a free website sponsored by IBM and developed by Rosabeth Kanter that puts 458 links, about 85 climate and culture tools, videos and blog capacity at your disposal when trying to implement a small or big change in your district or school. It will look a bit intimidating at first but once you register and play around with it you will be astounded at its capacity.

Views: 179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a great resource and one folks should gain some experience with. Too often we are thinking of change and not taking into account its potential impact on the larger system. The key here is to understand the entire system as it exists and how any effort can have an impact. It must be thought through.

To that effort, there is an additional resource I would like to mention here from McREL. It is called "Asking the Right Questions: A School Change Toolkit" and can be found here.

Although more broad-stroked than the toolkit Dr. Bernato provides above, it provides insight in three key areas:
1) Understanding Systems: Covering what they refer to as the three domains (Technical, Personal and Organizational).
2) Resources: an index of Systems related terminology and related resources.
3) Process: Questions to ask during predictable phases of School Improvement efforts as well as sample scenarios of schools going through a change process.

Enjoy!

RSS

FOLLOW SL 2.0

JOIN SL 2.0

SUBSCRIBE TO

SCHOOL LEADERSHIP 2.0

School Leadership 2.0 is the premier virtual learning community for school leaders from around the globe.  Our community is a subscription based paid service ($19.95/year or only $1.99 per month for a trial membership)  which will provide school leaders with outstanding resources. Learn more about membership to this service by clicking one our links below.

Click HERE to subscribe as an individual.

Click HERE to learn about group membership (i.e. association, leadership teams)

CREATE AN EMPLOYER PROFILE AND GET JOB ALERTS AT 

SCHOOLLEADERSHIPJOBS.COM

SCHOOL LEADERSHIP 2.0 EVENTS

School Leadership 2.0

© 2024   Created by William Brennan and Michael Keany   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service