Keynote: Thinking Big as the World Gets Small
The cameras in their cell phones make them citizen journalists. The web is their
personal library and media center. They communicate in real time with the ends of the earth. But can they convince their teachers to let them learn at school with help from such powerful tools? Beyond the "wow," technology provides nearly limitless potential for connectivity and education. See examples of how today's technologies -- from calculators to the web, from music files to video-on-demand -- can (and should) engage and teach a new generation of students.
Workshop: No Camcorders (Yet!): Building Digital Video Projects for Every Classroom Learn a classroom manageable process allowing students to build video (or multimedia) subject-area projects using "kits" ---web-based, free, and preassembled with graphics, music, and video. No camcorders required! From this "scaffold", depth will follow.
Speaker
Hall Davidson joined Discovery Education in 2005 where he blogs, creates webinars, and works in educational partnerships as a director of the Discovery Educator Network. He has spoken about technology and education to audiences around the world and has keynoted major technology conferences and consulted for professional organizations and corporations.

Views: 98

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Paula, thank you for sharing this conference. As I write from my iPhone, while simultaneously reading an article about Japanese youth who are tapping out cell phone novels and moving them from text to print, (THE Journal, Feb.08, Vol.35, No.2), I wonder if we as educators are truly investigating all the avenues of teaching and learning that we can be. How do we harness technology in a way that is manageable, affordable, and meaningfu, when it seems that every six months a new product emerges, mandates are added and financial constraints become tighter. I love the power of what technology allows a user to create, I need help measuring the impact it has on learning. Oh, and data, I need data...
Hi Blanca,

I think time has a lot to do with the question of are educators truly investigating all the avenues of teaching and learning that we can be. I know many of us are keeping up and looking at new technologies all the time and many of us are treading water. Have you seen 2 million minutes http://www.2mminutes.com
Hi Paula,
Here I am typing away again on my iPhone, reinvigorated by a group of Intel Senior trainers this week in Atlanta. As I try and reconcile two thoughts, one, that companies' foundations are more and more involved in the education process through educationally sound programs like Intel Teach to the Future, Verizon's Thinkfinity and Beyond, Apple's Professional Development, Microsoft's Innovation Network, etc. and two, that curriculum planning seems to "perceived" at times as absent ( which it's not) I wonder how curriculum is built in different districts and whether we can't share some of these resources in our planning? Just wondering if there are other thoughts...

RSS

FOLLOW SL 2.0

JOIN SL 2.0

SUBSCRIBE TO

SCHOOL LEADERSHIP 2.0

School Leadership 2.0 is the premier virtual learning community for school leaders from around the globe.  Our community is a subscription based paid service ($19.95/year or only $1.99 per month for a trial membership)  which will provide school leaders with outstanding resources. Learn more about membership to this service by clicking one our links below.

Click HERE to subscribe as an individual.

Click HERE to learn about group membership (i.e. association, leadership teams)

CREATE AN EMPLOYER PROFILE AND GET JOB ALERTS AT 

SCHOOLLEADERSHIPJOBS.COM

SCHOOL LEADERSHIP 2.0 EVENTS

School Leadership 2.0

© 2024   Created by William Brennan and Michael Keany   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service