A Network Connecting School Leaders From Around The Globe
Friday, February 11, 2011
9:00am - 3:00pm
The Literacy Education Department of Dowling College
is pleased to present a one-day symposium:
The Critical Importance of the “I” in RtI:
A Literacy Perspective on Response to Intervention
• David Adler, author of the popular Cam Jansen book series as well as numerous biographies and nonfiction books, will be the Special Guest Speaker.
• Dr. George Cavuto will be the Keynote Speaker.
• Afternoon breakout sessions will be presented by faculty members of the Literacy Education Department and will include such topics as adolescent literacy in the content areas, vocabulary, multiculturalism, emergent literacy, and multiliteracies.
• The day will conclude with a Town Hall Discussion between participants and presenters.
• Book exhibits & give aways begin at 8:00am.
• Light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
• Certificates for professional development hours will be provided upon request.
For more information or to register, please contact Kristen Carey of the Dowling Institute at (631) 244-3422 or CareyK@Dowling.edu