Some educators feel like they have the best jobs in the world. Others find that their work drains rather than sustains them.
In my experience, “best jobs” have several essential ingredients:
• A compelling, stretching purpose that demands the best of us one our colleagues each day,
• Talents that are well used and continuously developed,
• Clear expectations for performance,
• Open and honest communication with colleagues and supervisors within trusting relationships, and
• Colleagues who support and challenge us as they encourage us to bring our best selves to work each day.
You need to be a member of School Leadership 2.0 to add comments!
Join School Leadership 2.0