In reference to computer technology, it seems to me that those born before 1970 are the tourists and those born after 1970 are the natives in the land of hardware and software applications. Maybe, for the first time in history the tourists are teaching the natives...maybe not? Let's leave it up for discussion.
No matter how you feel about it, computer technology and its companion, the steady increase in information, have been invading society for nearly 4 decades. The reality of the two leads me to ask the question, what is the problem? Why are we still having a problem managing, integrating, and using technology? I am not asking this question with a negative tone or with a judgmental attitude. I am asking this question with the voice of a teacher. What is the problem? I want to help.
As a society we have emerged from the Age of Industrialization and we are fully engaged in the Age of Information. No matter what path a person chooses to take, or what task a person is asked to perform or manage they must be able to recognize authentic information, and integrate the use of technology to get the job done. Therefore I ask what can I do to help?
I compare my career in education to sewing a historic quilt. The first stitch represents my role as a classroom teacher. The second stitch represents my role as a technology integration staff developer. The third stitch, director of instructional technology. This year I added the fourth stitch, data administrator. A pattern is beginning to take shape. I am in this profession to help. Tell me, how can I help?
Is the answer more professional development? Is the answer better professional development? Maybe it’s onsite support? The school year goes by very fast. It is hard to believe that the 2007/2008 school year is coming to a close. Recently, I began to think about my goals and expectations for the 2008/2009 school year. I need your assistance. Tell me, how can I help?

Views: 16

JOIN SL 2.0

SUBSCRIBE TO

SCHOOL LEADERSHIP 2.0

School Leadership 2.0 is the premier virtual learning community for school leaders from around the globe.  Our community is a subscription based paid service ($19.95/year or only $1.99 per month for a trial membership)  which will provide school leaders with outstanding resources. Learn more about membership to this service by clicking one our links below.

Click HERE to subscribe as an individual.

Click HERE to learn about group membership (i.e. association, leadership teams)

CREATE AN EMPLOYER PROFILE AND GET JOB ALERTS AT 

SCHOOLLEADERSHIPJOBS.COM

FOLLOW SL 2.0

© 2024   Created by William Brennan and Michael Keany   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service