Ha!!  I bet there are some out there that think I only surf the ‘net during my free time!  Just to dispel that, I thought I’d post my books brought home to read during spring break.  Since my spring break was a stay-cation, I filled a lot of time with actual reading!!

So, here are my thoughts on the titles I brought home:

Bruiser by Neal Shusterman
He is rapidly becoming my favorite author of all time. He never fails to please me.   As a friend on Facebook said, and I whole heartedly agree:  ”Bruiser is one of my all-time favorites! I read it aloud last year to my 7th graders. Such a great discussion of so many topics!!!! And, the vocabulary, oh, the vocabulary.”

Legend by Marie Lu
Fantastic read. Action packed.  I’d heard so much about this book, and then when it came in it stayed checked out.  So when I saw it come in last week with no hold, I immediately checked it out. I can’t wait to tell one of my students about it.  She is always looking for great YA that doesn’t have heavy duty controversial content (aka sex) and this one will definitely be an easy recommendation.

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Let’s see, warlocks, vampires, shadow hunters, romance, historical fiction-ish and a tie to the Mortal Instruments? What more could a fan want? Even faculty and staff at my school have been talking about this one–yet another title that is popular with young adults and adults alike.

Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler
Apocolyptic tale woven into a story of a girl suffering from Anorexia. It’s one of our SCYABA 2013 book nominees.

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
Quirky as all get out, a light read with lots of YA issues a teen can relate too. If they can get past the “pageant” focus of the story, I think many, even guys. will like it. Now I must talk it up!

Readicide by Kelly Gallagher
Well, I’ve been hearing a lot about him in the last three years or so, and have read excerpts a plenty. Finally decided to bring home and read this one.  I am not disappointed. I have been taling him up to the powers that be fro hopefully a Gallagher invit to SCASL. Maybe not 2013, since I know that is potentially sealed up, but 2014? I’ll continue my campaign.

Views: 12

JOIN SL 2.0

SUBSCRIBE TO

SCHOOL LEADERSHIP 2.0

School Leadership 2.0 is the premier virtual learning community for school leaders from around the globe.  Our community is a subscription based paid service ($19.95/year or only $1.99 per month for a trial membership)  which will provide school leaders with outstanding resources. Learn more about membership to this service by clicking one our links below.

Click HERE to subscribe as an individual.

Click HERE to learn about group membership (i.e. association, leadership teams)

CREATE AN EMPLOYER PROFILE AND GET JOB ALERTS AT 

SCHOOLLEADERSHIPJOBS.COM

FOLLOW SL 2.0

© 2024   Created by William Brennan and Michael Keany   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service