I am one of many presenters at this Phoenix Arizona conference dedicated to mobile learning April 11-13. It promisses to showcase the latest in educational uses of the iPad.  My session is as follows:

Join us for a look at how you can use iPads in the classroom to facilitate student collaboration and group learning as well as to easily track student behavior and progress towards learning goals. We will look at a new tablet-centred application that promotes communication, interpersonal and decision making skills and scaffolded learning with students in elementary and high schools. This iPad application allows learners to work in whole class or smaller groups situations, or one-to-one with the instructor. It provides a method for teachers to harness the incredible power of student texting and chatting in a controlled environment. It also facilitates the use of iPads by students for thinking and inquiry, problem solving and collaborative learning.

The session will also explore ideas for tracking student behavior, learning goals and standards mastery with an iPad. A new flexible application, currently in development, will be demonstrated that allows you to track an unlimited number of behaviors, skills, strengths, weaknesses, etc. using an iPad. The application allows a team approach to observational monitoring with regular or special needs students and can also be used for coaching, team building, health and safety, and a wide range of other applications.

A list of other presentations that may be of interest can be found at:

http://mobile2012.org/schedule-materials/

Views: 35

JOIN SL 2.0

SUBSCRIBE TO

SCHOOL LEADERSHIP 2.0

School Leadership 2.0 is the premier virtual learning community for school leaders from around the globe.  Our community is a subscription based paid service ($19.95/year or only $1.99 per month for a trial membership)  which will provide school leaders with outstanding resources. Learn more about membership to this service by clicking one our links below.

Click HERE to subscribe as an individual.

Click HERE to learn about group membership (i.e. association, leadership teams)

CREATE AN EMPLOYER PROFILE AND GET JOB ALERTS AT 

SCHOOLLEADERSHIPJOBS.COM

FOLLOW SL 2.0

© 2024   Created by William Brennan and Michael Keany   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service