GETTING READY FOR APPR
Workshop sponsored by Long Island Black Educators Association (LIBEA)
Monday, November 28, 2011 4:30 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Mulligan Intermediate School
1 Broadway, Central Islip 11722
This workshop is designed to assist school administrators & teachers.
Topics covered will include:
- Nuts and bolts of 3012 C legislation
- Requirements for developing an APPR Plan
- Capacity for gearing up-training and record keeping
- Selecting rubrics for observations and local assessment
- Metrics around local growth-how do you convert to points?
- Developing a teacher improvement plan
- Appeal Process
- Impact of NYSUT law suit
Presenter: Dr. Lorna R. Lewis