I have been coaching school leaders and aspiring leaders in preparation for their interviews for about eight years. My clients frequently ask me questions that no one else seems to be able to provide effective answers. Here are some of those questions:
- I don’t think I will get a positive recommendation from my supervisor, what can I do?
- I am an older candidate and feel that my age is working against me, how do I deal with this?
- There are gaps in the timeline of my work experience, what can I do?
- I get very nervous during interviews and I think it effects the quality of my answers, what can I do?
- I had an interview and one of questioners aggressively challenged my answer, how do you deal with this?
- I am a certified school leader with very little school leadership experience, what can I do? It is a “catch 22”.
- After three years in my position I’ve been asked to resign, how do I answer the question, “Why are you looking to leave your present job after three years?”
- How do I handle the question, “I see on your resume that you live more than an hour away, is that going to be a problem?”
- How do a respond to the question, “What are your greatest weaknesses?”
- Should I even bother to apply for jobs where I know there are “inside candidates”?
For my inside secrets in how to answer these and more questions like them, attend my workshop and/or get a copy of my ebook. https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/ABW7ZAQc5E4dXDiizwQ2IMS...
Larry Aronstein is a career coach who works with educators one-on-one in the preparation of their resumes and in preparing them for interviews. Learn more about him at www.larryaronstein.com