Good evening,

We are looking at a few different solutions for managing our iPads (district owned and personal devices).  Would you mind sharing what mobile management solution your district is using and your thoughts on this experience thus far.

Bill Brennan

Views: 437

Replies to This Discussion

I recently attended a workshop put on by the Long Island Apple Rep. for Educational Sales.  He and another Apple Engineer discussed how to set up Ipads for mass distribution using a Mac computer and a Ipad cart. It can basically "format" up to 30 Ipads at a time. By formatting, I referring to installing all of the apps you want at one time. This setup will also allow you to "push" apps out to the devices but that takes longer to ensure that every device is upgraded. 

One neat feature is that you can set up an Ipad so that the students or staff can then add their own apps via their own itunes account. When you need to take back the ipad or replace it, their apps are stored in their Itunes/Icloud and will download when they log in again.  You can also decided to "lock down" the Ipad so that nothing can be downloaded. 

My suggestion- contact Apple and have them arrange a demo.

Rob,

Thanks.  We had Apple in the other day and we talked in depth about Casper, Absolute and Mobile Iron.  All look like viable options. 

Hey Bill,

I am looking at a few solutions, but have not settled on one yet.  In the next week or two I will be viewing webinars hosted by: Air-Watch, Cisco and Zenprise.  I'll comment again once I have some good data to share.  Or, give me a ring at Wantagh.

Thanks

Don

Will do Don! Hope all is well.

RSS

FOLLOW SL 2.0

JOIN SL 2.0

SUBSCRIBE TO

SCHOOL LEADERSHIP 2.0

School Leadership 2.0 is the premier virtual learning community for school leaders from around the globe.  Our community is a subscription based paid service ($19.95/year or only $1.99 per month for a trial membership)  which will provide school leaders with outstanding resources. Learn more about membership to this service by clicking one our links below.

Click HERE to subscribe as an individual.

Click HERE to learn about group membership (i.e. association, leadership teams)

CREATE AN EMPLOYER PROFILE AND GET JOB ALERTS AT 

SCHOOLLEADERSHIPJOBS.COM

SCHOOL LEADERSHIP 2.0 EVENTS

School Leadership 2.0

© 2024   Created by William Brennan and Michael Keany   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service