Hello All,

I'm really in the VERY early stages of starting my dissertation research and
do not have a finalized proposal yet.  At this point I just want to throw
the question out there to see what kind of response I get so I can formalize
what I will be studying.

"What school districts are using Learning Communities or Communities of
Practice in their districts as a professional development model?

I appreciate any info you can share.  Thank you.

Millie Marchese

Views: 82

Replies to This Discussion

Millie, 

I'm also doing some work in this area.  I'm most likely doing either case study or phenomenological design where I study principals' participation in CoP's and how this impacts org. performance.  I'm looking at this through the lens of social capital.  I'm inspired by the work of John Seely Brown and his recent book, The Power of Pull.  Let me know if you want to connect one day. I'd love to talk more about this.  

Bill 

Hi Millie,

Two of my partner organizations and I are working on this heavily out of state. If you are interested in locating schools for your study, please message me directly. Henrico Public Schools has a good model; some of their information is available publicly. More information can be found here: Henrico Public Schools Staff Development .

RSS

FOLLOW SL 2.0

JOIN SL 2.0

SUBSCRIBE TO

SCHOOL LEADERSHIP 2.0

School Leadership 2.0 is the premier virtual learning community for school leaders from around the globe.  Our community is a subscription based paid service ($19.95/year or only $1.99 per month for a trial membership)  which will provide school leaders with outstanding resources. Learn more about membership to this service by clicking one our links below.

Click HERE to subscribe as an individual.

Click HERE to learn about group membership (i.e. association, leadership teams)

CREATE AN EMPLOYER PROFILE AND GET JOB ALERTS AT 

SCHOOLLEADERSHIPJOBS.COM

SCHOOL LEADERSHIP 2.0 EVENTS

School Leadership 2.0

© 2024   Created by William Brennan and Michael Keany   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service