Looking Forward by Looking Back - Predictions for 1993... From 1893

This is an interesting and amusing article from Fast Company.  

I wonder....
  • what predictions could be made for Education in the year 2110? 
  • what could the children dream up?

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bill, thanks for sharing the article. It was amusing and serious at the same time. Could it be that our predictions today could be as far off as most of them were 100+ years ago? Have we not any mechanisms at all to see the future? I'll be happy to go out on a limb to post some of my own funny and outrageous predictions (if not just to get the conversation rolling)!

2110 - Education is conducted on a global level for those who have access to the Internet. Children learn mathematics from professors in China, they learn Spanish from professors in Spain. The world is tri-lingual with translation devices for those who are not. There will be a huge disparity between the those who have and have not, larger than what we see today because the information available will be more than 1,000 fold. Wealthier members of the community will have children who attend internships with scholars and businesspeople from a young age. Philosophy will go back to being an occupation.

That's enough for starters. What are YOUR predictions?

Wow Blanca!  That is some prediction.  

RSS

FOLLOW SL 2.0

JOIN SL 2.0

SUBSCRIBE TO

SCHOOL LEADERSHIP 2.0

School Leadership 2.0 is the premier virtual learning community for school leaders from around the globe.  Our community is a subscription based paid service ($19.95/year or only $1.99 per month for a trial membership)  which will provide school leaders with outstanding resources. Learn more about membership to this service by clicking one our links below.

Click HERE to subscribe as an individual.

Click HERE to learn about group membership (i.e. association, leadership teams)

CREATE AN EMPLOYER PROFILE AND GET JOB ALERTS AT 

SCHOOLLEADERSHIPJOBS.COM

SCHOOL LEADERSHIP 2.0 EVENTS

School Leadership 2.0

© 2024   Created by William Brennan and Michael Keany   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service